Thursday 21 February 2013

The Beats Of The Heart

I'm a great believer in synchronicity. Life is not full of coincidences, events are to a certain extent mapped out, brought about for a reason.
For the last two weeks, synchronicity has been toying with me. The universe is forcing me to make a decision. It knows I need to get off this circular road and travel in a different direction. What I hadn't banked on was its cunning ways to make me sit up and listen. The universe has said I'm not going to choose, you have to make the decision. In fury, it's now screaming at me, "WAKE UP!"
This experience is often confused with the law of attraction: people, places and opportunities drawn to you, unknowingly or knowingly, through your intentions. This is not that, this is ATTACK. This is a crisis point, a choice point, a turning point. Time for change, upheaval. Choose it soon before it chooses you because when it does the outcome may not be to your liking.
Because of this I'm improvising, and as you can probably tell this is not my usual polished style of writing. Originally, I had made a veiled attempt to write about my current indecision, but like everything connected to this condition, synchronicity made its feelings known and inexplicably deleted it, and I.T. Support has been unable to recover it. Perhaps what I planned to publish was too personal, too close to the situation, and due to this my words have gone, corrupted and lost from my laptop's hard drive, and I can't retrieve them. Many of you will think: why don't you just rewrite it? My answer to this is: my perspective has changed, so it won't be the same. It's a shame, as if I do say so myself, it was one of my best. I had been inspired, in part, by Robin Sharma, a leadership adviser and best-selling author of, 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari'. Through his teachings, Robin encourages people to reclaim their personal power, to be true to themselves and live fearlessly. In 'The Secret Letters Of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari', his main character, Jonathan Landry is compelled to travel the world to collect nine talisman letters; each a life-saving lesson. The eighth talisman letter says:
The Purpose Of Life Is To Love
How well you live comes down to how much you love. The heart is wiser than the head. Honor it. Trust it. Follow it.
Over the last few days, I've been convinced not to go against these beats of the heart.